Plumbing Maintenance Programs in Covina by Ace Pelizon Plumbing
Many emergency plumbing repair issues can be avoided by simply keeping up with a regular plumbing maintenance schedule. Like any other system in your home, your plumbing will benefit from having a trained professional take a look every year or two, checking for wear and tear to your water heater, pipes and fixtures. To learn more about preventative plumbing maintenance and to schedule service in Covina, West Covina or throughout the San Gabriel Valley, call Ace Pelizon Plumbing today.
Maintaining Plumbing System Components in Covina
It’s often easy to spot issues with fixtures because you see and use them every day, so any problems will be immediately apparent. It’s the hidden parts of your plumbing system that should be checked annually by a professional Covina Plumber. Some of the things a professional plumber should look for include:
- Leaks –Wet patches, puddles, watermarks or other signs of a leak should be investigated thoroughly. It’s much better to fix a leak early, before it causes severe damage.
- Corrosion – One of our plumbers will look for green and blue stains around copper or brass valves and fittings, checking for signs of corrosion.
- Water Pressure – If you home suffers from low water pressure, it means that there is likely excess buildup of sediment in the pipes. High water pressure can also be a problem, as it can cause damage to your pipes and fittings if not regulated.
- Drainage Speed – Stalling, bubbling or hiccupping in the drain are all signs of a possible clog. Slow drains can also be a sign of a blocked pipe or vent pipe.
- Cracked Tiles – If you have cracks, nicks or breaks in tiles in your bathrooms or kitchen, it may mean that water might have gotten underneath the floor. These areas should be checked carefully for signs of damage.
- Sealants – Missing or peeling caulk or sealant from any of the joints in your bathrooms or kitchen can lead to water leakage and possible rotting.
- Mildew and Mold –Signs of mildew or mold should be checked, as they mean excess moisture is present, possibly from a leak.
- Sediment Build up – Sediment build up in faucets and shower heads should be removed.
- Water Heater – The water heater should be drained and cleaned of any excess debris or sediment.
Regular Maintenance Programs in Covina, CA
See why more San Gabriel Valley residents now call us for routine plumbing maintenance service. Contact Ace Pelizon Plumbing today to learn more about our regular plumbing maintenance programs.