Your plumbing system is essential to your convenience, comfort, and health. Take care of this vital home system with our 5 tips and tricks for a plumbing system that runs smoothly and efficiently, clogs less, and even smells a little better.
- Use a drain cover in your bathtub. Drain covers catch hair and some other debris, which helps to protect your pipes and prevent annoying hard-to-reach drain clogs.
- Clean the drains with baking soda and vinegar. A little bit of baking soda down the drains, followed by some vinegar, can go a long way to clean out the drains and may help to eliminate some unpleasant odors.
- For some drain smells, a little bit of water is enough. The P-trap underneath the sink is meant to block odors from your drain and sewer line, but it can only do so if it is filled with water. If you go away on vacation or if there is a sink you don’t use often, any drain smells might be cleared by simply running the water.
- The reset button underneath your disposal may fix the unit. The reset button underneath your sink may be enough to repair a broken garbage disposal if it has stopped working.
- Fix all leaks ASAP. The sooner you fix a leak, the better. A seemingly minor leak from a sink can spiral into something much worse. Remember, we are in the midst of a major drought, and at a rate of a single drip per second, a sink can waste several thousands of gallons of water. Call a plumber to get the leak repaired as soon as possible.
For more information about your plumbing system in Rosemead, CA, or to schedule professional services from experienced plumbers, call Ace Pelizon Plumbing today. World class service is just around the corner!