Concrete slab foundations are the most common type found in our area. They are a relatively easy beginning for a structure, and we don’t really need basements in our part of the country. But one of the major repairs that many homeowners with concrete slab foundations must eventually face is a slab leak. A leak underneath your property is difficult to find and repair, but it’s a lot easier with the help of a slab leak expert. Learn more about the damages you might face with a slab leak in the guide below.
The Effects of a Slab Leak
When you have a slab leak, you need the problem fixed quickly. Otherwise, you may face any of the following problems.
- You’re wasting water. When you have a slab leak, wasted water is probably the least of your worries. However, it’s something worth noting, especially since high water bills is one of the first indicators that something is amiss.
- The foundation may crack. Cracks in the foundation of your home are a serious problem, as are cracks in the flooring or along the bottom of your walls.
- There may be significant water damage. When a slab leak goes on for long enough, significant water damage could result, forcing you to replace carpeting or flooring.
- Insurance might not cover the repairs. If you catch a slab leak too late, your insurance may not cover the damage, citing negligence on the homeowner’s part.
Call a Plumber at the First Signs
Whenever you suspect a leak, call a technician for an inspection ASAP. If there is a slab leak underneath your property, you may notice the following signs:
- The sounds of rushing water.
- Hot spots on the floor.
- Low water pressure.
- High water bills.
- Pooling water around your home.
Call Ace Pelizon Plumbing today for friendly service in Diamond Bar, CA. World class service is just around the corner!