It’s one of the most difficult things anyone has to deal with on their property if they own their home. A sewage leak is certainly no small problem. It presents a health hazard for your family members and really for anyone around your property. It can take quite a while to diagnose and fix, and your yard may suffer damage in the process.
You want to catch this issue as early on as possible, so that you don’t have to deal with so many of the effects of a leaky pipe. Here’s what you should look out for.
- The odor. Of course, the smell of sewage in your yard is something you should not ignore, and you should call a plumber right away.
- Your lawn. If parts of your lawn are growing rather quickly, or if they seem to be greener than the rest of your grass, then you might have a sewage leak underneath them fertilizing your lawn.
- Slow or no drainage. If a plumbing system clogs frequently or if it backs up, it might be more than a small clog. There could be leakage or some intrusion in your pipes, like a tree root infiltration.
- Cracks in the foundation. Sometimes, sewer line damage can cause cracks to form on the wall.
- A pest problem. Rats and insects might be there for a reason, so a plumber could potentially be a better bet than an exterminator.
When in doubt, call a plumber! Plumbers have the right equipment to search for leaks and determine their exact location quickly. If you have a very old home with original pipes, you might want to have them inspected on an annual basis.
Call Ace Pelizon Plumbing today for sewer pipe services in West Covina, CA today. World class service is just around the corner!