Your water heater won’t work perfectly forever. We want to make sure that homeowners understand proper maintenance techniques so that they get the most out of their water heaters while they are around.
Proper Water Heater Maintenance May Help:
- Prevent system breakdowns.
- Reduce scaling.
- Lower energy usage.
- Lengthen system lifespan.
Call our team for more information!
Insulate The Water Heater
One of the easiest ways to maintain a water heater is to insulate it.
- Generic water heater covers or blankets exist to cover up the system so that less heat escapes and more of the energy used actually goes toward heating the water.
- Or you might be able to find a cover designed specifically for your water heater system make and model.
Lower The Temperature
Chances are high that the current temperature setting of your water heater is 140°F. This isn’t necessarily the setting you need. It’s far hotter than you need the water to be and can be a safety risk if you don’t have anti-scalding devices in place. Some people argue that a temperature of 140°F helps to kill off certain bacteria, but a temperature of 120° does keep bacteria from multiplying, and it’s really all you need for comfort (and then some).
Call In Professionals
Professional technicians are able to inspect and maintain your water heater to make sure that the system is running as smoothly as possible and provide a tune-up for efficiency. They can…
- Flush scale from the water heater.
- Inspect and possibly replace the anode rod, which reduces the risk of early system corrosion.
- Check the temperature and pressure valve.
- Advise you on proper water heater maintenance procedures.
When you’re in the market for a new water heater or when you need water heater maintenance services, you can count on the experts at Ace Pelizon Plumbing. Call us today for service in Sierra Madre, CA.