You care about the state of California’s water supply, which is why you’ve taken some steps to reduce your water usage, like cutting back on the amount of time you spend in the shower and turning off the sink while you brush your teeth. Great work! We’d like to help you continue to cut back on your water usage with 8 of our favorite ways you can take some simple steps to cut back on water usage in your home and help protect California’s resources.
- Find creative ways to recycle water to water your plants. Dropped an ice cube? Give it your orchid! Found a bug in your water glass? Your fern won’t mind!
- Fill up a bowl of water to wash fruits and vegetables in, rather than leaving the water running the entire time. You can use this bowl to water your plants as well!
- Shut off the water while you lather your hair with shampoo.
- Use the dishwasher! It actually uses less water than you would use handwashing each dish. But make sure you run a complete load only.
- Encourage children to shut off faucets after each use and while they lather or brush their teeth. You and your children can learn about water conservation together!
- Examine your sprinklers, and make sure they are only watering the area that needs it—not the sidewalks or driveway. Make adjustments accordingly.
- Upgrade toilets and fixtures. WaterSense labeled faucets and showerheads and low-flush toilets use a lot less water than those installed a couple of decades ago.
- Check your water bill. Know your home’s average, and make note of any sudden spikes in use. Call a plumber if there are any unusual changes in your water usage, as this likely indicates a leak.
Call Ace Pelizon Plumbing for plumbing services in Sierra Madre or the surrounding areas today. World class service is just around the corner!Some Preventable Reasons For Drain Clogs » « What To Do If Your Water Heater Leaks